Training is integral to operating and maintaining a Continuous Emissions Monitoring System (CEMS) or Continuous Opacity Monitoring System (COMS). Avogadro offers several levels of training for plant operators, technicians, and management personnel custom tailored to your site specific equipment.
Our on-site training programs begin in a classroom on your site or ours. Your employees learn the relationship between various aspects of the CEMS/COMS. Specific preventative maintenance steps are reviewed, emphasizing how strict adherence to quality control procedures is necessary. Attendees learn how the QA/QC plan protects the functionality of the system and the integrity of data that is recorded. Understanding the theoretical, helps support troubleshooting efforts to resolve problems.
Classroom training is followed by hands-on training with the system. Employees are taught to identify sample flows and system inputs/outputs. Employees are taught how to use preventative maintenance checklists to ensure the health of the system on a daily and weekly basis, as well as how to perform manual calibrations, hone troubleshooting skills and perform routine maintenance. Sessions end with the employees being posed a series of hypothetical CEM alarms, and are challenged to show the steps they would take to determine the cause and the solution for the problem.
Our knowledgeable engineers will provide your staff with comprehensive training to make them well-informed in the operation and routine maintenance of your site specific equipment. Whether it’s a solving an alarm situation or replacing a worn part, your staff will have the ability to keeping your monitoring system working effectively.
More questions? Click here to request a quote
or call our CEMS Technical Division at 610-559-8776.
Share This Page:
- What Happened to All of Those Green Jobs? November 21, 2013
- PADEP Reviews RICE NESHAP Permitting and Compliance Requirements August 30, 2013
- Submit New Protocol After BTS Approval if Air Emission Permit is Modified? August 6, 2013
- NJDEP Update: Determining Emergency Generator Use for Testing/Maintenance July 22, 2013
- General Permit GP-004A July 22, 2013
- PA DEP Source Testing Update June 19, 2013
- US EPA Electronic Reporting Tool (ERT) June 14, 2013
- RICE Engine Regulations May 3rd Deadline Is Here! May 20, 2013
- New Jersey DEP SSTA Program 60 Clock AASP May 3, 2013
- Utility MATS Rule Update (Mercury and Air Toxics Standards) May 3, 2013